There is a time to step up and be part of the solution; to be bold and take the lead. For me, that time is now! My name is Alison Canning; a new voice that advocates and represents the parent’s needs of North Etobicoke. I want to be the voice at the Toronto Catholic District School Board, as your School Trustee for Ward 1.
My 24+ years of work experience with universities, cultural centres and charities has allowed me to acquire the necessary skills to be successful in the role of trustee bringing a unique community-education based perspective.
Empowering Parents. Building Faith. Strengthening Schools.
I HAVE USED MY SKILLS TO:
I HAVE BEEN ACTIVELY INVOLVED IN:
OTHER COMMUNITY VOLUNTEER ROLES INCLUDE:
- Member of the Kingsview Village-Westway Neighbourhood Action Planning Table
- Resident Advisor Representative for the community at the City of Toronto’s Toronto Strong Neighbourhood Strategy (TSNS) 2020 Committee
- Treasurer of the 22nd HumberWest Scout Group
- Co-Founder of No Frills Pumpkin Patch School Fundraiser in Etobicoke
- Lead organizer of the Kingsview Village-Westway Back-To-School Drive
- Lead organizer of the Create Tech Savvy Families Campaign (helping families access affordable computers)
I am proud to call North Etobicoke home.
As a parent of 3 children in a blended family and an engaged resident in the Kingsview Village Westway Neighbourhood, I am proud to call North Etobicoke home.
I am the School Trustee candidate that will bring a wealth of proven experience, a clear vision, engaged partners and revolutionary ideas to the table. I will listen to your concerns and respond. I will be that strong voice at the board that champions what we need in our community and in our schools. Our students deserve nothing less. Our future depends on it.
I thank you for your support and your trust.
Vote Canning on October 22nd!